RTI Communications Solutions
  Home > History


Products


Webmail


Search


Help


Contact

   In June of 1953,  Leon and Vivian Roome purchased the Halsey Telephone Company, fulfilling their longtime dream.  The Telephone Industry formed a significant part of their family heritage.  Leon had grown up in the telephone business, with various family members and relatives at one time owning over 30 different telephone exchanges.
   In 1953, Halsey Telephone Company was "dial" in town with many rural lines that were "common battery".  1965 brought a brand new office building with sophisticated automated dial switching equipment, and served customers through new fully protected outside aerial cable plant.  With the growing needs of Halsey customers, planning and engineering began in 1977 on the next major system upgrade.  In 1980 a large computer was purchased and staff hired to automate billing and begin software development.  In 1982 a second division was formed to allow direct sales of telephone systems outside of the Halsey area.  In 1983 RTI formed a third communications division to offer Cable Television service to the residents of the City of Halsey.  By 1988 RTI had upgraded to an E-10-Five Alcatel digital switching system, the outside plant was completely replaced with buried cable, and long distance calls were routed to new fiber optic cable.  RTI is committed to providing complete customer satisfaction and the highest level of service with our new Siemens EWSD switch. 

 

products | search | help | contact | site map
rti@rtinet.com | (541) 369-2211 | privacy
Copyright 2015 RTI All Rights Reserved.